Your sponsees’ school results 2020-2021: a long process
Like every year, June is a very busy month for our Danian team and all the volunteers in France. Even if we try to automate more and more procedures, it is still necessary to carry out control and regularisation tasks. Two years ago, the Board of Directors of Couleurs de Chine endorsed the decision to move to digital school results for three main reasons:
- to reduce the time needed to send the school results to the sponsors due to the delays of the Chinese post office, which can be more than two months
- to adapt to the communication technologies widely used in China by the sponsees
- to manage the follow-up of the sponsees’ schooling as closely as possible
- The Danian team sends to France the list of students including data on the school attended, the current level of study, age and gender. In France, we use this list to produce personalised school report cards, classified by school and level.
- These forms are then sent to Danian for printing and transmission to the various school heads. The latter have the teachers fill them in, then return them to Danian, which digitises them.
- These scanned files are sent to France, where we integrate them into the sponsor portal.
By visiting the sponsor portal, you can access not only your sponsee’s information (school results, photos, schooling, etc.) but also the status of your sponsorships, which you can then renew online. Don’t forget to visit our website regularly to read the latest news about Couleurs de Chine!